In the summer of 2016, we travelled through Vietnam. Our main reason was food and that’s why we booked a private tour with Culinary Vietnam.
Vietnam is fabulous: crazy cities, breathtaking views in the countryside and above all: very friendly people. What was so good about this trip, is the insight we got in how diverse Vietnam is.
We want to thank our guides Hai, Loc and Hieu, as well as our drivers (Hong and the others) and Tran of Culinary Vietnam!
What we did:
- Visited the less touristy part of the Cu Chi tunnels.
- Gazing at all the lovely boats.
- Got acquainted with a very colourful religion: Caudaism.
- Counted 7 million motorcycles in Saigon.
- Had a food tour through the city on the back of one of those motorcycles.
- Went to the floating market in Can Tho.
- Visited an old veteran in his orchard and tasted the most delicious fruit ever.
- A cooking class in Hoi An.
- The other things we did in Hoi An.
- The breath taking Hai Van pass.
- Discovering a new culture in the Cham museum in Danang.
- The imperial city of Hue.
- Halong Bay: touristy, buth so worth it!
- The mountains of Mai Chau.